Pages

REVIEWS for :: Thomson Technicolor Cable modem DCM 476

Easy to Use, Easy to Install, the Gigabit Ethernet port on the DCM476 is an easy to use, easy to install gateway. For convenience of the end user, the easy-to-access LEDs provide a clear indication of start-up sequence and connectivity status. Multiple integrated Web pages allow direct access to the status and settings, including privacy and security information. Ecological Design RCA, as front-runner in ecological design, offers in the DCM476 advanced features to reduce power consumption. It is designed with advanced power management to better control power consumption, thanks to the integrated tuner. The Gateway even supports a lower power mode thanks to a split tuner solution, an integrated upstream power amp and the auto power down feature on the external GEthernet interfaces. Additional power control features are supported with the ability to turn off any or all modules, to slow down or turn off processors and to turn off all external interfaces, reducing the power consumption even more.

  • DOCSIS 3.0 certified (As of 10/9/2013 all modems ship with Stac 2.50 firmware)
  • 1 Gigabit Ethernet Port
  • Reliable high-performance platform
  • Advanced power management and power control
  • Supports IPv4 and IPv6

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous9/11/2014

    Like most customers apparently, I ordered this RCA DCM425 broadband modem to get out from under the monthly charges for renting a modem from Comcast. It's billed as the same one used by Comcast... but it's NOT! I found, to my dismay, that when I went to swap it out for the Comcast rental RCA unit, the new one from Amazon lacks one vital feature: a telephone output port. We recently bundled our services from Comcast and now take TV, broadband cable ...AND telephone from them. But, without a telephone port, I'm going to have to return this one to Amazon and look for one with all the ports I need. BE CAREFUL, BUNDLERS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9/11/2014

    I have owned 5 of these RCA cable modems and i must say, it is by far the most shoddy piece of electronic equipment i own, every 4 or 5 month my current one break and i get a free replacement from time warner. Now, it's not that I'm doing anything wrong with my modem, the Installer from does everything, i never touch, its that its incredibly poorly made or im just a fluke because this somehow got 3& 1/2 stars.I had a different RCA modem before the 5 of these and it lasted me 4 years until i was late on an internet bill and when i got internet back time warner insisted on me getting a new modem, so they took my old one away and gave me this piece of junk. I know i sound like im ranting because mine just broke, but i get them for free, im here to tell you that if you have to pay for your own modem, dont get this one..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9/11/2014

    I have no idea why I was paying Comcast 7 bucks a month for this. Finally decided to purchase the exact modem Comcast rented to us. We'll make up the cost in just a few months! Had to call Comcast to get it set up, but after that....it's working great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9/11/2014

    this is the same exact product that the cable company was renting to me for $7.99/month. it made more sense for me to buy this for the price then to continue to rent it. so far this modem is working great and I have had no problems whatsoever and it works as it should.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9/11/2014

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9/11/2014

    The installation was a brieze. This was the exact brand Comcast was using. So, I simply removed theirs and installed the new one. To get it activated, you have to first connect it directly to the computer. Shutdown both, connect cable to the modem, ethernet cable between the computer and modem, power up modem. Once all the lights stop flashing, start the computer. Start your browser. When you try to connect to a web page, the activation screen comes up. The activation page recognized the modem automatically and even pulled the MAC address for me so I didn't have to type it in. After activation, shutdown everything again, this time connect the wireless router between the modem and the computer and done - took less than 10 mins from opening the box to done. Now I am saving $7 / month.

    I have a middle of the pack service plan and tested the modem speed (thru the wireless router) using SpeedTest.net and got more then 23 Mbps download and more then 4 Mbps upload speed.

    ReplyDelete

.
Canada Internet Service Review Discussion Group
InternetCanada@groups.io

Canada 🇨🇦 Internet Service Review
https://groups.io/g/InternetCanada
.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.